1. ______? — I’m a pilot.
What are you doing? How are you? How do you do? What do you do?
2. Everybody looked tired and wanted to go … home.
— at to into
3. Anna and Kate _________ to the cinema last Sunday.
didn’t went don’t go didn’t go haven’t gone
4. When _____ you last _______ tennis?
did/play do/play did/played have/played
5. Who can tell me where ______?
is my key my key is are my key my key are
6. Who ______ after their small kids? — Their grandparents do.
do looks looks do look look
7. There isn’t ________milk in the fridge.
many much a the
8. ________ Jim _____ today?
Do / work Is / working Does / works Does / work
9. Have you written down ______ names?
everybody everybody’s everybodys’ everybodies’
10. ______ you ever _____ Mexican food?
Did / eat Have / ate Have / eaten Did / ate
11. They decided to go on a hike ______ the rain.
despite of despite in in spite in spite of
12. I am here to say that we ______ next week. Everything is ready.
will leave are leaving will be leaving will have left
13. Did you fix these shelves ______?
all on yourself all at yourself all with yourself all by yourself
14. If you don’t know the meaning of this word, _____ in the dictionary.
chase it up search it out look it up find it out
15. The boy almost never walks his dog in the morning, ______?
is he doesn’t he does he isn’t he
16. I ______ home when somebody ______ my name.
went / was calling was going / called went / called was going/ was calling
17. Do you _________ work on Sundays
have to must should able to
18. Naples is _____ an exciting city.
so such very too
19. _____ rich pay higher taxes?
does do does the do the
20. Since 2001, all Skoda cars ______ by Volkswagen.
were produced are produced have been produced had been produced
21. While our coffee _____, I _____ him my sad story which impressed him _____.
was making, told, greatly was being made, said, great had been made, told, great was being made, told, greatly
22. I managed to come here at half past six. But I _____ because they _____.
needn’t have hurried, had already left needn’t hurry, have already left wouldn’t have hurried, had already left shouldn’t hurry, have already left
23. The past flood is reported not _____ _____ damage to the crops.
caused, many to have caused, much to cause, much having caused, many
24. You _____ your seats beforehand if you want to go to Paris on Christmas.
had better to book had better book had to better book had to book better